Wednesday, June 6, 2007

TPIR: Thanks for the Memories

As a kid, was there anything more enjoyable than watching The Price Is Right? It meant that you were home on a school day. Whether you were sick (at least that's what you told your mom), school was cancelled due to snow, or it was a holiday, watching Bob Barker on the game show of all game shows was a rare and celebrated treat. I never paid attention to any pricing in supermarkets back then, so most games were a challenge for me, but I played along nonetheless. I think my favorite game may have been the one where the little climber ascends the mountain while yodelling is played. There were other favorites like Plinko, The Golden Road, and Clock Game too. Thinking back is making me very nostalgic for that time of innocence. What was your favorite game on the show?

So this week Bob is taping his final episode of TPIR. This article from Starpulse describes the scene as fans line up for the final taping.

Also, if you've got the free time, this clip from CBS' How I Met Your Mother does an exceptional job celebrating The Price Is Right, as Neil Patrick Harris' character makes it onto the show as a contestant so that he can meet Bob, the man that his mother told him was his biological father. It's well worth the time investment.

1 comment:

WeightStaff said...

My vote is for the game when they punched into the wall and pulled out their dollar amount. You could either keep what you punched or take the next one.

What a minute...That 'Deal or No Deal'!!! I smell a lawsuit!

RL