Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bonnaroad Trip

If you told me I'd be going to Manchester, I'd appropriately pack my Man-U tee shirt and touch up on Oasis trivia. If you told me I'd be going to Manchester, TENNESSEE, I'd say I hope there is a damn good reason. Well there is. Besides the fact that I'm about 6 years late to the prom, this June, I'm making my first pilgrimage with the others members of The Weight to Bonnaroo. Have you seen the lineup? [if not, check the previous post] It is INSANE. Hell, I'd go for Pearl Jam alone! And Metallica. And The Allman Bros. And Phil & Friends. And Robert Plant. And Kanye. Not to mention the much anticipated "SuperJam" which I've heard so much about. You get the point. To set the record straight, I've been invited to attend the festival the past few years, but always opted against it; I guess I was waiting for the "perfect" lineup, i.e. Bonnaroo '08. In the words of Ben Franklin, "he that can have patience can have what he will."

Sure, it's a long drive, but who doesn't enjoy a good road trip? There's something very American about consuming enough fast food to make a farm animal violently ill, rotating through the same 8 Sirius channels a good 18,000 times, and hitting up every Wal-Mart within a 5 mile radius of your not-so-renovated motel. Like Clark Griswold before me, I'm hitting the "holiday road" to Manchester. So despite not even having bought tickets yet, my countdown officially begins today...

1 comment:

The Ghosts said...

Hi guys,

In very loosely related linkage, check out this goal from the England-Swiss friendly the other night.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8171564162796582330