Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Weight - Status Update

To keep a little momentum going here at The Weight after we've been slacking a bit, I thought we would try something a little different. I've been spending an inordinate amount of time on Facebook (probably to the detriment of this site) where I get to update my "status" with such inane things as: Ryan 'is currently eating a sandwich' or 'needs to use the bathroom'. So I thought we would use the same logic on this here site:

The Weight is:

wrapping up watching David Cook sing Mariah Carey for the fifth time on repeat. And is slowly realizing his Fantasy Idol bracket is getting busted up perhaps for good this time.

wondering how in the world critics ever considered Kings of Leon the Allman Brothers version of The Strokes...you know who you are.

can't wait for Steve Winwood at the infinitely small Blender Theater in Gramercy.

recalling his first Phish show in '95 after reading Hidden Track's Scotty B's recounting of his phirst show at the Beacon. And doing the math that it was about 13 years ago. Apparently, the first live Phish song I ever heard was Cars, Trucks, Buses but will only remember Wilson as the show opener (even though it was the second song) because that moment changed my life.

wondering why Jack Johnson is headlining everything except my apartment but still can't get himself to dislike the guy

thinks Erykah Badu's song 'Bag Lady' is the greatest psychiatry-oriented self-help song ever and thinks it would fit with Freud and Dr. Phil's best

What's your status?

No comments: