Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

It's after 10:00 and I'm at the office on Sunday! I guess this is my fault. I didn't put in much of an effort last week and now I'm stuck under fluorescent lighting staring at a computer monitor trying my best not to jump off of the roof. But I do have some friends along for the ride. After listening to Howard Stern repeats on Sirius for a couple hours, I decided to visit some of the favorite ghosts of my musical past:

Keeping me company on this craptastic day at work have been: the Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band channel on Sirius, Regina Spektor and her entire 'Begin to Hope' album, Travis's The Invisible Band' album, John Mayer's 'Continuum' album, The Strokes 'Last Night' and 'Hard to Explain', Ray LaMontagne's 'Trouble', Jeff Buckley's 'Hallelujah' and 'Lover You Should Have Come Over', and wrapped up with a helping of Billy Joel's 'New York State of Mind'. So that is how I was my own personal DJ AM today.

Also, I was digging Travis covering Bowie's 'All the Young Dudes' on YouTube:



As the liquor store guy (Joe Nunez) says in Superbad, right when McLovin drops the beer cans and they explode on the linoleum floor, "Fuck my life".

No comments: