Thursday, February 1, 2007

Mr. Nice Guy?

Last night I was flipping through the "Music Choice" channels on digital cable (which I highly recommend checking out for those of you who have never made it past HBO-Latino), when I came across a song I hadn't heard since high school. It was Alice Cooper's "Only Women Bleed" -- a stirring rock ballad that would have even the Pope tapping his feet. Maybe it is because the song is the very antithesis of what made Alice so popular (and unpopular) in the 70's, that it is all the more moving. Interestingly, while scanning for the clip online, I came across versions covered by both Tori Amos and Guns 'N Roses -- how is that for an endorsement?

So without further ado, here is the shortened, "tv-friendly" version of Alice's masterpiece. The full-length version is also available online.


No comments: