Friday, February 16, 2007

Sunk...Like A Stone

Chris Cornell has split Audioslave, the band he formed with three former members of Rage Against The Machine, due to unspecified "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences," according to a statement."This is something I don't want to do anymore," Cornell tells Billboard.com of Audioslave. "There were problems from the very beginning and we dealt with them in a great way. We made three great records. We were a band that got along great, but we've also had our differences. My focus is definitely on doing my own music now."

Call me crazy, but I'd have to say that the "one-off" reunion of Rage Against the Machine at the Coachella festival could be related to this story. What's so exciting about this story is that now Chris can focus on a reunion that I'd really care about....Soundgarden!!!

I'd post the original Black Hole Sun video, but it still freaks me out, so I'm going with an acoustic performance:

No comments: