Friday, May 4, 2007

Jackie Greene: So Hard To Find My Way

I've been watching this clip of Bay Area singer/songwriter Jackie Greene performing on the Conan O'Brien show for months now. After seeing this then twenty-four year old perform on the Sonic Stage at last year's Bonnaroo, I've been incredibly impressed with both his playing and songwriting abilities. This is one kid who is wise beyong his years. Backed by what appears to be a Max Weinberg-less "Max Weinberg 7", Jackie and his band put on one of the most complete performances I have ever seen in the 'music slot' on one of these talk shows. Bolstered by an excellent original song, a nailed vocal, and the previously mentioned backing band, this song deserves repeated playing. You will not be able to get the jumping, upbeat, horn-drenched chorus out of your head...in a good way. I will even venture out to say that it could have/should have been a hit by The Band. I dare you to refute me.

Check it out for yourself. And please, please, please check out more of Jackie Greene.

2 comments:

Destro said...

I think I'd rather stab myself in the balls than ever listen to that song ever again.

It sounds like the fucking opening theme to an 80s sitcom. Seriously. It has Meredith Baxter Birney written all over it. Uggh, I need to do some serious drinking to get that song out of my head now.

Worst. Song. Ever.

WeightStaff said...

you know what they say. opinions are like a**holes. such is music.