Monday, May 14, 2007

Shining on a Block in CA

A bronze bust of soul singer Otis Redding has been unveiled outside the Guitar Center at Hollywood's RockWalk. The late star's widow Zelma Redding and daughter Karla Redding-Andrews attended the ceremony on Friday, which was organized to honor all performers at 1967's Monterey International Pop Festival.

The Mamas and the Papas singer Michelle Phillips - the only living member of the '60s folk-rock group - attended the 40th anniversary event.

She says, "I'm a little overwhelmed that I'm really the only one here. I know that I can speak for all of us when I thank all of you very much for being here."

Pianist and songwriter Al Kooper also attended the ceremony.

The RockWalk was established in 1985 to honor musicians who have made a significant contribution to the history of music.
Source: Starpulse

No comments: