Monday, March 26, 2007

Milestone Monday: The Weight Reaches 1,000!!

Jan. 12, 1966 - Arnold "Red" Auerbach notches his 1,000th win as head coach of the Boston Celtics with a 114-102 victory over the Lakers, becoming the first NBA coach to win 1,000 games.

June 25, 1988 - Cal Ripken, Jr. plays in his 1,000th consecutive game as a member of the Baltimore Orioles.

December 12, 2006 - Marvin Harrison becomes the fourth player in NFL history with 1,000 catches, doing it in his 167th regular-season game to make him the fastest ever to reach 1,000 catches. It took Jerry Rice 181 games to reach this milestone.

March 26, 2007 - After 57 days and countless posts (actually its more like 142), reaching 47 states and 41 countries, The Weight attracts it's 1,000th unique visitor.

We can honestly say that we had no expectation of reaching such a milestone, not just this quickly, but ever. To the rest of the WeightStaff, I feel that I can best sum up my appreciation for your hard work thus far by relaying my feelings about your contributions in a song:

Cause I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder
If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by
Cause you know
I'd walk a thousand miles
If I could just see
you tonight

---Vanessa Carlton

Cheers mates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from sunny Ft. Lauderdale. Keep up the good work.

WeightStaff said...

"What a long, strange trip it's been" -- well, not quite that long or that strange, but looking forward to the next 1000 visits...

Cheers!

D.S., Weightstaff

WeightStaff said...

When did the other members of the Weightstaff become British???

DL - "Cheers Mates"
DS - "Cheers"

I'll post my own comment here: "God Bless the F*ckin USA"

RL

WeightStaff said...

Sorry about that.

Would Yipee-kay-ay motherf**ker been more American?