Saturday, March 10, 2007

David Lee Roth vs. Velvet Revolver

I love that David Lee Roth can still create controversy. Speaking about the Rock Hall's decision to have Velvet Revolver perform following Van Halen's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this month, Roth said "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver--I'm not familiar with their music--but that was my three minutes and 22 seconds up there." And Dave couldnt be more right. If Diamond Dave wants to get up on stage and talk about the war in Iraq for those 202 seconds, I think he has earned the right to do that. The full article from NME is below:

David Lee Roth avoids Hall of Fame induction? He'll only appear if he can perform

Van Halen is set to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday (March 12), but former singer David Lee Roth says he will only attend the induction ceremony if he is allowed to perform.

As it stands, Hall of Fame organisers have arranged for Velvet Revolver to perform Van Halen classics at the New York ceremony, allegedly because it is unclear which original Van Halen members will attend, reports the Los Angeles Times.

Guitarist Eddie Van Halen is currently in rehab and does not plan to attend the ceremony. It now looks as though bassist Michael Anthony may be the only original member at the event.

"I don't make speeches for a living, I sing and dance for my dinner," Roth said in a statement. "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band -- who are only performing because they have some new record coming out -- do our music.

"I have nothing against Velvet Revolver--I'm not familiar with their
music--but that was my three minutes and 22 seconds up there," he added.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When velvet revolver gets inducted, then they can choose the song!