Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Roger Waters Apologizes, Wants Reunion

Could hell actually freeze over again? Someone get me Don Henley!

Former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters has said that he would like his former band to reunite again. Waters played Live8 in July 2005 with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. Speaking about the event, Waters said: "I felt it was very important for me to do Live8, and I thought it was great to get onstage with other three guys. I had nothing but positive feelings about that...I would do something else (like Live8) in a heartbeat- but if it was for anything more than a few songs, then I think there would be difficulties."

Waters said the relationships in the band were businesslike. He said: "I think it would be very cordial if we ever spoke to each other, but don't inhabit the same world socially. Rick (Wright) and I were never really friends, and Dave (Gilmour) and I were never really friends, so the fact that we are still no longer really friends is kind of irrelevant to all of our lives." He also admitted his part in the band's demise.

Waters told Agence France-Press: "I don't think any of us came out of the years from 1985 with any credit, really. It was a bad, negative time, really. And I regret my part in that negativity. Why should I have imposed my feeling about the work and what it was worth on the others if they didn't feel the same? I was wrong in attempting to do that."

Source: NME.com

No comments: